Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My first WIP Wednesday...

...and I already have a long list to link up over to Lee at Freshly Pieced!






The concept of this link-up is interesting in my case because I am preparing for a craft fair, and therefore constantly have a million things I'm trying to get done. I have 3 weeks left until the fair, and I've reached the point where I need to be sewing for a couple hours every day.

So here are [a few of] my WIPs:


  • Children at Play scrappy pillow - doesn't include the full range, but some of my favorite prints, and a slew of other coordinating fabric. It's quilted and just needs to be put together with the backing

     
  • Christmas stocking - this just needs a cuff, but that cuff pictured is actually too big due to the stocking body being smaller than expected once I finished the French seams

  • Christmas tree skirt - I actually have 2 of these in the works, although they're different designs. The other one just needs a binding, but this skirt needs a lot of lovin' before it will be done

  • Sew Happy Geek Table Runner/Wall Hanging Swap - I showed you my idea previously, and I have started sewing, but those 1" finished squares take me a bit longer than I thought they would. Luckily, I'm still ahead of the game, as some other people are still finalizing a design

  • Little girl quilt - This is made from the pink, orange, and green fabrics from a California Dreamin' FQ set. I've changed my mind several times on the layout of the strips, but I've finally started sewing the top together!

  • Autumn pillow - I finished hand-quilting the top, and I made an envelope back with some more hand-stitching, and this is just awaiting that binding sitting right there :)


Those are my main projects right now, although I do have more pillows, stockings, and table runners in the works. All 6 of those projects have to be finished by next week, because I have lots more to do!

3 comments:

  1. What wonderful projects! I just love your fabric selections. :)

    Mary
    http://www.quiltgenius.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love your California Dreamin project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That califorina dreaming project is darling, can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete

Messages from friends :)