Thursday, October 20, 2011

On Cloud 9!

I just got home from an impulsive trip to a fabric store in my area that I knew about but had never been to. In the general Orlando area, there are 3 LQS. I've been to one, and I think I aged myself about 30 years just walking in the door. Mostly Civil War repro prints and batiks. I was so discouraged after that trip that I didn't want to make the trip a couple towns over to this other store.

Welp, today I did it after I realized I could run a couple errands on the way.

And it was beeaaauuuttiiiiful. I'd say it was still 60% traditional fabrics, and 40% modern, but hey that's better than nothing! They also do sewing machine repair, of any kind of machine, including featherweights, which is pretty cool. So go Sewing Studio! Will definitely be back.

Sadly, it was really expensive. I'm used to shopping online and using coupons and buying fabrics on sale. I am a grad student, so this is already a kind of expensive hobby without adding in designer fabrics.

So um, I had told myself I wouldn't buy any more fabric until after my show in November, and work exclusively from what I already had [with the exception of anticipating running out of Kona white]. I broke that self-imposed rule today haha. I don't even care!

The store was having a $1.99 sale on any regularly priced FQ, so I browsed to my heart's content. Most of the new collections [like Sandi Henderson's Secret Garden] weren't available in FQ's yet, so that was sad for me, but I got 8 FQ's for $17 and some change! Yay!





Top to bottom: Robert Kaufman Dr. Seuss, Patricia Bravo Oval Elements, Basic Grey Jovial, Tula Pink Prince Charming, Basic Grey Jovial, Kate Spain Flurry, Kate Spain Flurry, Doodlebug Trick or Treat

And then to celebrate my good fortune I picked up a latte from Starbucks. Now I'm off to sew while my apartment is still empty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages from friends :)