Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The one with coffee and hand-stitching



There has been so much crafty spirit within me today. In my non-sewing life [I know, if only I could sew all the time, but alas, no] I'm the Girl Scout leader to a group of adorable 2nd and 3rd graders. We're decorating Christmas stockings at our next meeting to donate to a local charity that fills them and donates them to kids who don't have stockings. I feel very strongly about lighting a volunteer spirit within these girls at a young age, so I want to make this super fun so they want to keep helping others. Therefore, I went a little crazy at the craft store, and have lots of glitter paint, pom poms, and stickers.

If I was Superwoman, I would have stitched up the stockings myself, but as of yet I haven't figured out how to divide myself into 2 in order to get all this done, so I got felt stockings. Although, it is my mission to teach these girls to sew this school year!

So I came home, and was feeling so productive and creative. I turned on some episodes of FRIENDS [one of my hands-down, all-time favorite shows ever], put my latte within arm's reach, and grabbed my hand sewing project. The great thing about this show is that I know it so well that I can pay attention to my stitching and still know what's going on in the show.



This is destined to become a pillow, and has fabrics from the Sandy Gervais Grand Finale line, and the yellow crosshatch from Farm Fresh [which is a fantastic almost-solid to have in your stash!]. The orange is unknown from a past project. Also, my sister got the large hoop for me from an estate sale for 50 cents! Yay for people indulging my quilty habit :)

Orlando, and all of Florida actually, is in for some severe weather tonight, so I'm going to be sewing all night long, and I couldn't be happier with this turn of events!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages from friends :)