Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My favorite Christmas presents, Part 1

I had a fantastic Christmas, and hope everyone else did as well!

I was fortunate enough to get many wonderful gifts from family and friends, but one of my favorite presents came from my boyfriend. We decided to spend Christmas Day only at my parents' house this year, but we have a tree and stockings in our apartment. My family has a tradition of video taping our Christmas, and my family sits around and we open one present at a time and go around in a circle doing so. It's so much fun, and it takes hours :)


In order for my boyfriend to have more presents in the rotation of opening, we decided that I'd open all my presents at the apartment and we would take his to my house. A real hardship for me, of course. So Christmas Eve rolls around, and I'm secretly frantic about finishing Stephen's quilt that is a present. And he tells me I have to go to bed. So I set my alarm for 5 am for Christmas morning [I hope everyone winced for me when they read that...I don't have kids...and I still woke up at 5 am on Christmas morning...] and head to bed.


He was the sweetest person in the world and got me a sewing area! I have been sewing at our table [and sometimes the coffee table] and it means I have to constantly clean up for us to use the table. Also, the table is round, and that actually presents some difficulties sometimes.


So he cleaned out the area behind our couches, which the floor plan calls an Imagination Room [hopefully it provides some inspiration!], and got a HUGE table to put against the wall. I got a huge new cutting mat and a super bright lamp. We were going to get me a chair, but my parents gave me a new dining table and chairs for Christmas, so we have extra chairs now, yay!

I've already put some fabric in hoops to hang on the very skinny wall space, and I have visions of a medicine cabinet type deal to hang above the table for display and storage. I'm so excited! I'm also extremely excited about the fact that I'll be sewing right by some windows, because I've been sewing in a window-less area, and it's terrible.

Tomorrow will be my 2nd favorite present, which was also a handmade gift!

1 comment:

  1. I love your new sewing area! When I move out with my fiance I'll probably also be relegated to the kitchen table - but hopefully I'll be able to get a little corner of the room like you :) Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Messages from friends :)