Thursday, January 19, 2012

What my Thursday looks like

I'll be eating some more of this bread: 


Ok, ok, that's a lie. We already ate that entire loaf, and I made a new loaf last night. This time with cheese. Yum.

Beer Bread [you can just omit the cheese if you want regular bread]
3 c. all-purpose flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/4 c. sugar
1 c. cheese [I used extra sharp cheddar]
12 oz. fluid beer [that's 1 bottle/can; you can use any kind and it will give it subtly different flavors, I used Newcastle Brown Ale]
2 tbsp. melted butter

Mix everything but the butter and put in loaf pan. Pour the melted butter over the top of the dough. Bake for one hour at 375. Devour.


I will be cutting the pattern pieces for my next attempt at the Schoolhouse Tunic from this cute seersucker plaid. I hope that the seersucker part of it won't make it difficult, but I didn't like any of the patterns for the regular plaid:

Shhh, don't tell, but I also got a small piece of this Alexander Henry print [which would also make a cool shirt!]:


Will continue contemplating ideas for my partner in the For the Love of Solids swap:


Enjoy your Thursday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages from friends :)